Monday, September 24, 2012

Mary The Font Solitude 2012

"These things you have given me
without my asking:
the sky, the light,
my mind, my body, my life."
-Tagore

Carolina Buckthorn






The Stream Was Dry.


Found Item #1

Found Item#2

Found Item #3


Boneset




Found Fossils






My time of silence was last minute, but needed.  The weather was beautiful and the birds were plentiful.  I saw Carolina Chickadee, Tufted Titmouse, Blue Jay, Wood Thrush, Red-Headed Woodpecker, Downy Woodpecker, Pileated Woodpecker, and Barred Owl.  
I re-read Life and Holiness by Thomas Merton.  I also enjoyed reading the poetry of Rabindranath Tagore, a Bengali poet who was born in 1861.


"That you protect me in danger-
this is not my prayer;
Let me not know fear
when in danger.

I do not ask You to comfort me
in the heat of sadness,
in an aching state of mind.  
Make me victorious 
over sadness.

Let not my strength break down
when i find myself without refuge.

If I suffer any worldly loss,
if I'm repeatedly frustrated,
let me not consider this
harm irreparable.

That you come to save me-
this is not my prayer;

I ask for strength 
to overcome.

You need not comfort me
by lightening my load;

I ask for strength 
to carry my burden.

On days of joy
with humble head
I will remember you.
I will recognize you.

On a dark, sad night,
full of frustrations

O then may i not 
doubt you!"


2 comments:

Kathy Stam said...

:) :) :)

Sally said...

That poem is beautifull. Perfect for my day ahead.
Thank you.
X
Sally Nash